- “First of all thanks to Genius Kids for providing strong foundation for my kid Shreya. Shreya reads short stories now (with in a period of 6 months at genius kids) and it’s really amazing for us. I feel every kid will like Genius Kids especially the "big TV" in the class and the project work they do every week. If anyone wants their kid to be a genius kid then "Genius kids" is the perfect choice.”
Leadership Lentils Recipes Watch Video
Are leaders born or made?
Can children be taught leadership skills from a young age?
What are the skills needed to become an effective leader?
Although some children seem destined to become leaders because of their outspoken and confident nature, most children require coaching skills to be inspired to lead and make decisions on their own.
What is a natural leader?
Natural leaders will be those who assume initiative whenever the opportunity arises. They will involve themselves in the classrooms,coming up with creative ideas, expressing them confidently. An effective leader is someone that can set goals for themselves, develops trust and is able to set examples.
Just issuing orders to others and being loud is not a leadership quality. Leaders are those who know how to make the best of what is around them, recognizing the skills of their peers and applying them in an effective and productive way. Leaders will enable others to realize their potential and contribute more meaningfully to the whole.
Can parents push their kids to become a leader?
Can parents help children overcome peer pressure?
Parents worry about their children’s eagerness to follow other children, dealing with peer pressure and resulting in serious problems at school and community. Developing leadership skills early on can make the difference between a child who thoughtlessly follows the arrogant will of the majority versus the trailblazer who obeys their own moral principles and sensible convictions.
The goals of our Leadership Lentils Recipes are to:
- Develop Communication Skills – it is vital to develop a child’s communication skills to become an effective leader. Our exercises encourage reading aloud, listening and respecting others and learning to learn from others. The classes are focused on constant communication using the stage and microphone, a philosophy that The Lil’ Genius Kid ™ is based on right from an early age.
- Develop Organization Skills - Leaders who have to direct and motivate others are generally expected to possess good organization skills. Our recipes will teach children to build structure, set goals and develop techniques of how to organize their lives, both personally and in school, and learn to accomplish tasks in an efficient manner.
- Develop Problem Solving Skills - Helping a child develop good problem solving skills can also go a long ways towards helping them develop as leaders. Our unique projects will present conflicting situations where the student will learn through role play how to resolve conflict, and handle difficult situations that will face or interact with as they grow.
- Develop a Healthy Self Esteem - It is essential for the child to be able to develop a healthy view of themselves. There are many different ways that you can help a child achieve good self esteem. Medical research has shown that one basic factor that contributes to the development of good self esteem in a child is the presence of an adult who helps the child to feel appreciated and special. Although parents can offer this at home, children enjoy being appreciated by their teachers amidst their friends. The personalized attention we offer through our recipes with the constant encouragement given to children is positive reinforcement that they need to develop a healthy self esteem.
- Setting Realistic Goals - Equally important is the ability of a leader to set realistic expectations and goals. When this ability is developed within a child, the child will attain a sense of control that is vital to the type of leader they will become. Our recipes will teach your child to set realistic goals and overcome constant comparisons with others and learn to value themselves as special unique persons who can make a difference to others.
“A good leader inspires people to have confidence in the leader; a great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves” - Anonymous
This Web site and the franchise sales information on this site do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a Uniform Franchise Disclosure Document (UFDD). Certain states require that we register the UFDD in those states. The communications on this web site are not directed by us to the residents of any of those states. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the franchise disclosure document to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law.