- "We had enrolled our oldest son at Genius Kids and the results were unbelievable. Ms. Rennu has a curriculum that is fun for the kids as well as touches on Math, reading and above all Public Speaking. Ayaan cannot wait to get on stage and present and the results were wonderful. She is very creative and knows what is required in this world and shapes our kids to become free thinkers and confident every step of the way"
Science Salsa Watch Video
Capitalizing on Children’s Fascination coupled with Public Speaking Expression is what our Science Salsa Recipes are all about creating
If insects and animals fascinate your child, this is the perfect recipe for them. Incorporating public speaking techniques to develop confidence and expression, students will learn about the world, learning about animals and exploring various science theories through hands one experiments.
The Importance of Introducing Science Early
A young child brings a sense of wonder and curiosity about the world. Whether it is watching snails in the garden, blowing bubbles in the bath tub or using a flashlight to make shadows on the wall, children love to be engaged in finding out how the world works. Children are biologically born to learn about the world around them, just as they are prepared to learn to walk, talk and interact with people. Young children are born with the minds to engage and explore and like to create mental representations of what they learn to apply in their everyday lives.
As adults we think of science as a body of knowledge, whereas for young children science is about discovery of everything around them. Our Budding Science Salsa recipes are active open ended lessons where children will learn to discover and search for new knowledge, building their own theories and evaluate situations and results. For the past 10 years our founder Rennu Dhillon has developed unique award winning lessons using a coherent approach when each lesson builds into the next one. Young learners are able to maintain focus for the 12 week units anxiously waiting for the next class. Each lesson brings new activities and new theories, as students revisit ideas and activities, to build a knowledge base, and to use knowledge gained on one day as the foundation for the next lesson’s exploration. The unique part of the program is that the children are engaged in speech delivery and public speaking all the time, therefore the lesson is 2 fold – developing critical thinking skills with confidence and effective communication.
Our primary process goals are to:
- Foster and support the types of typical intellectual development that characterize the preschool years. These include
- Develop receptive and expressive language skills, skills in self-regulation—particularly attention regulation—and skills in problem.
- Develop confidence in each Lil’ scientist as they come on stage to present their own theories to encourage out of the box thinking, and freedom of expression.
- Introduce students to the fundamentals of science and why things happen. Each series of recipes focuses on different science topics, public speaking and engaging in hands on experiments.
Contact your nearest center or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule of classes.
This Web site and the franchise sales information on this site do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a Uniform Franchise Disclosure Document (UFDD). Certain states require that we register the UFDD in those states. The communications on this web site are not directed by us to the residents of any of those states. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the franchise disclosure document to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law.